Friday, March 6, 2015

John Paul Jackson's Memorial

In case some of you did not follow brother John Paul on Facebook, I thought it would be good for me to share with you the link to the Daystar TV page where you will be able to watch it. I still cannot believe he is gone from this earth and agree with brother Anthony Pappalardo, who commented on my previous post about the untimely passing of JPJ, that he might have been just to eager to get back to the work of ministry after his recovery from cancer thus weakening his body instead of giving it enough time to fully restore itself.

I also remembered a dream I had about JPJ shortly after he won the battle with cancer. It was the only dream I ever had of him. In this dream, I saw him in the library type of building there were many books and it was well lit, but the floor was slippery. He walked with a slight limp, but insisted that he is doing just fine and could even run if he wanted to. I proceeded to warn him not to do it and feared he could slip on that floor, but he ran anyway. That was the end of dream. Not too long after, on July 10, 2014, I read his medical update on Facebook in which he was giving God glory for his recovery and saying that he has faith that he will be able to return to his running routine soon. He really loved this type of exercise and he used to run most days of the week for as much as 10 miles before he got sick.

I left a comment on that warning him against running and said that walking had the same health benefits, but would not weaken the body like running does. I have no idea if he ever read all those comments personally, but I did pray for him often and now I believe too that this could have had weakened him. Again, he will be every much missed. May we all learn from his example both from all the wisdom he had and from the mistakes he had made. Here is the link to brother JPJ's memorial site: http://www.daystar.com/watch/live-stream/ It will be aired on Monday, March 9th at 11 am to 12 pm CST.

No comments:

Post a Comment